Andouille Sausage Shrimp Crockpot Dip
Mardi Gras is almost here! Which means it’s time to make some fun food! Andouille Sausage Shrimp Crockpot Dip is the perfect way to celebrate. It’s a perfect snack for any kind of gathering you’re having, with a hint of spice and delicious melted cheese! Alaina Hinkle created this scrumptious recipe using Wellshire Andouille Sausage! Alaina’s blog Honest Grub Honest Foodie has a ton of delicious content! Check out her original post and the rest of her content here!
We’d Love To Hear From You:
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire!
Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Crockpot Dip
- 2 Wellshire Smoked Andouille Sausages
- 12 raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 8oz block of full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 celery sticks
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese use Block cheese to shred yourself. This ensures the cheese melts properly
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Deseed and dice up 1/2 the jalapeno pepper, 1/2 the green pepper, 3 celery stalks chopped, 1/4 cup of shallots chopped, and 3 cloves garlic minced. Add all to frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil at medium heat. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Then add in 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to the veggie mixture and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- While the veggies are sautéing, you will chop your shrimp. Take your 12 peeled and deveined shrimp, chop your shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces - not including the tail. Then add in the chopped shrimp. Mix the shrimp in with the veggie mixture. Only cook for 60 seconds. Shrimp cooks so fast, it will cook more in the Crockpot, so only for that one minute. Then set the skillet aside off the heat.
- Next we will start layering in the Crockpot. First you will pour the 1/4 cup of chicken broth at the bottom of the Crockpot. Then you will add in the block of cream cheese.
- After you will add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar, 2 tsp of hot sauce, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- Then on top of that you will add in the sautéed veggie shrimp mixture on top.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then stir until fully combined. Then you will keep on high for another 30-45 minutes, while you stir occasionally until the cheese is fully melted.
- Then serve with a toasted baguette, tortilla chips and/or veggie!