Bacon Cheddar Scones
Mother’s Day is coming up soon! If you’re looking for a delicious new recipe to try out, Bacon Cheddar Scones are the way to go! They’re addictive, so be prepared to eat a few in one sitting! A Mother’s Day brunch is a great way to show mom how loved she really is! Also, who doesn’t love bacon!
Bacon Cheddar Scones won’t take you too long to make either! It’s a great side dish for any of your mom’s favorite brunch combinations! Serve with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, or even more bacon! Show mom you care this year by making her the best!
Check Us Out!
Wellshire Bacon Bits are an easy way to add bacon flavors to some of your favorite recipes! They have all of the delicious taste of the Wellshire bacon you love, in tiny portions! Find them at a Whole Foods near you or check them out online here!
Have you tried our Bacon Cinnamon Rolls? The Eat Wellshire Blog has a lot of great recipes to try that your mom will love! Check them all out!
Bacon Cheddar Scones
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 10 tbsp butter cold, diced into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbps fresh chives chopped fine
- 1 package Wellshire Bacon Bits
- 1 1/8 cup buttermilk
- egg wash 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and spices until combined.
- Add butter to dry ingredients. Use a fork, pastry cutter, or your hands to mix in the butter until it looks thick, coarse crumbs.
- Add the bacon bits, chives, and cheese. Stir together until combined. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Knead the mixture with your hands until the dough is combined well.
- Flour your surface, and turn out the dough. Roll out the dough until it's about 3/8" thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out the scones. Alternatively, if you want triangular scones, roll the dough into a circle and use a pizza wheel to cut out the pieces in that shape.
- Brush egg wash over the top of each scone.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Have you tried Bacon Cheddar Scones at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!