BLT Hot Dogs
Picnic season is here! Gather your family for a good old fashioned picnic together out in your backyard, or even under a fort in the living room! Try these BLT Hot Dogs for a new take on a classic picnic food. Watch out for those wasps and ants though man, they have a tendency to steal delicious food which means your bacon is in danger.
What are your superheroes bringing to the picnic? Try BLT Hot Dogs today!
Check Us Out!
Wellshire has a lot of great bacon options to choose from! All of our bacon options are all natural. antibiotic free, and humanely raised! No matter what your family needs, we’ve got an option for you to try! From sugar free to organic to turkey, check out all of our varieties here!
Looking for more lunch options? Check out the Eat Wellshire Blog here for even more delicious dishes!
Need help finding a Whole Foods location near you? Check out our store locator here for an easy way to get all of your favorite Wellshire products!
BLT Hot Dogs
- 1 package Wellshire Maple Bourbon Bacon or your favorite Wellshire bacon
- 1 package Wellshire Premium Beef Franks
- hot dog buns
- 1 head of lettuce
- Chop the bacon into smaller pieces. Cook them in a frying pan over medium heat until they are as crisp as you like them. Scoop bacon onto a paper towel lined plate to drain. Leave 1 tsp of bacon grease in the pan and drain the rest.
- Fry the hot dogs in the bacon fat (or prepare on the grill) until skin is browned. Remove.
- Toast the hot dog buns in a pan with grease if desired.
- Chop or cut tomatoes as you like. Tear lettuce leaves into chunks.
- Lay lettuce in hot dog bun, then add the hot dog over the lettuce. Top with chopped bacon and tomatoes! Add your favorite condiments and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!