Cheesy Bacon Potato Croquettes
Anyone looking for a new comforting recipe to feed your family? Try these Cheesy Bacon Potato Croquettes! We love anything that involves bacon here at Wellshire! Even more so when it also includes mashed potatoes and cheese! It’s a perfect bite sized comfort food. You’ll love it. Your kids will love it. Let’s preheat the oven already!
Bacon Potato Croquettes
- 40 crackers crushed
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes made with extra milk and butter
- 1 package Wellshire Bacon Bits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced chives optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- your favorite dipping sauces
- Crush crackers into crumbs in a plastic bag, using a rolling pin, mallet, or other means.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients (mashed potatoes, bacon bits, cheese, eggs, sour cream, chives, salt, and pepper. Using a tablespoon, shape mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in cracker crumbs and then place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine butter and paprika and then drizzle over croquettes.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauces!