Keep in mind precious stove space when planning your holiday menu. You’ve already decided on a pre-cooked Wellshire Farms Spiral Sliced Ham, now save even more space making a slow cooker stuffing recipe. Try this Chorizo Stuffing for a taste of heat!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 package Wellshire Smoked Chorizo Sausage chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 large stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp fresh sage minced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp parsley fresh or dried
- 2 1/2 lbs stuffing
- In dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat about 2 minutes.
- Add sausage until warm and slightly brown. Add onion, celery, garlic, and sage and cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add half of the chicken broth. Whisk with eggs and parsley in medium bowl.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into sausage mixture while stirring. Fold in stuffing.
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker with butter. Transfer to slow cooker and set to low heat. Cook for 5 hours.