Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Having a drowsy Saturday morning? Wake your family up with the smell of savory Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Casserole! It’ll give everyone energy to face a full day of holiday fun!
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 4 cups dried out bread stuffing
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Wellshire Thick Dry Rubbed Bacon
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread stuffing in greased 8-inch square dish.
- Sauté onion, salt, and sugar in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium to low heat. Sauté until caramelized.
- In another skillet, cook the bacon until it begins to get crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and spices with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the bacon over the bread crumbs and layer onion mixture on top. Sprinkle grated cheese and then pour egg mixture over everything. Press with a wooden spoon or spatula to make sure the bread crumbs get soaked in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes uncovered until the edges bubble and the top begins to crisp. Poke the middle with a knife or fork to make sure the bread/egg mixture is cooked throughout.