Ham Pot Pie
Ham Pot Pie is a classic recipe that is full of flavor! From the crispy crust, to the wholesome veggies, to the tender mouth-watering meat, it’s a perfect combo for a family dinner! It also smells delicious, so it won’t be hard to gather your family together! Time to dig in!
Check Us Out!
Wellshire has a lot of great ham options depending on the specific flavor you’re looking for! Check out all of our varieties here!
Ham Pot Pie
- 1 cup potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter salted
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Wellshire ham steak diced (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 2 pie crusts refridgerated
- 1 egg beaten with water
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Put diced potatoes in a saucepan. Cover them with water, add salt, and bring to a boil. Simmer until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Melt butter in the saucepan. Add onion. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle flour into the saucepan. Mix well with the butter mixture until light brown, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and milk. Add thawed vegetables and potatoes. Let mixture simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ham.
- Prepare first pie crust as per its normal directions in a deep dish 9" pie pan.
- Spoon in filling.
- Place second pie crust on top, and trim the excess around the perimeter of the pie. Press the two crusts together, and use your fingers to crimp the edges.
- Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash. Cut 4-6 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy warm!
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!