Thanksgiving is coming up soon and we’re excited for all the food options! If you’re looking for new ideas for tasty sides, look no further! Wellshire Bacon is the perfect way to enhance some classic Thanksgiving sides!
Be sure to try out this Honey Cornbread with, you guessed it, lots of bacon! For a sweet and savory taste that’ll have your family going back for seconds, or even thirds!
- 5 slices Wellshire Maple Bourbon Bacon chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook chopped bacon per package instructions. Set aside and drain on paper towel.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and honey.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Add chopped bacon also. Mix together until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Add additional bacon and honey to the top if desired and serve!