Maple Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad
Summer salads are the perfect way to enjoy fresh produce, beat the heat with no cooking required, and spend less time preparing lunch and more time getting out and enjoying the sunshine with your family! Here at Wellshire we’re trying to soak up the sun as much as possible before the cool air sets in, so salads are an easy meal option. Which is why Maple Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad is the way to go!
We’ve partnered with Kristen Link, a Food Educator and blogger whose website, Wellness by Kristen, is full of yummy recipes and tips on healthy living. Likewise, she recently created a recipe with our Wellshire Virginia Brand Uncured Honey Ham Nugget; we’re excited to be working with her and share her colorfully delicious summer recipe with you! Especially because she made this delicious Maple Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad!
Check Us Out!
Wellshire has a lot of great bacon options to choose from! All of our bacon options are all natural. antibiotic free, and humanely raised! No matter what your family needs, we’ve got an option for you to try! From sugar free to organic to turkey, check out all of our varieties here!
Looking for more lunch options? Check out the Eat Wellshire Blog here for even more delicious dishes!
Maple Mustard Brussels Sprout Salad (With Black Forest Bacon!)
For the Salad
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and shredded thinly - see recipe notes
- 5-6 curly kale leaves stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb Wellshire Farms Black Forest Uncured Bacon cubed and pre-cooked - see recipe notes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds pepitas
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together the mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and salt together in a small bowl. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil until a creamy dressing forms.
- In a large bowl, toss together the shredded Brussels sprouts and chopped kale. Drizzle with the teaspoon of olive oil and add the pinch of salt.
- Using your hands, massage the kale and Brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the onion, bacon, cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Toss with the dressing and serve!
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!