McDonald’s Copycat Sausage Egg McMuffin
We love McDonald’s Egg McMuffins! However, it’s hard to get out of the house to pick one up sometimes! Don’t worry though, we’ve partnered with Alaina Hinkle to create a McDonald’s Copycat Sausage Egg McMuffin recipe! Alaina’s blog Honest Grub Honest Foodie has a ton of delicious content! Check out her original post and the rest of her content here!
Feel free to make this McMuffin your own! Change up the cheese, use Gluten free English muffins, or even add tomato or your favorite sauce to the sandwich!
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!
McDonald's Copycat Sausage Egg McMuffin
- 2 packages Wellshire Original Pork Sausage Patties there are 4 in a package
- 8 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (10oz) frozen shredded hash browns
- 8 eggs
- 8 English muffins
- Cook sausage patties as instructed on the Wellshire box. 4 minutes per side & then place on a plate with a paper towel until you are ready to assemble.
- In that same pan start to cook the eggs. In order to get them in an "egg patty", break the yolk in the center and take your spatula and continue to round the edges into a circle. You want the "egg patty" to be as round as the English muffin, so keep adjusting with spatula. As you finish the egg patties, place on a plate until ready to assemble.
- While you are cooking the eggs, I also cook the hash browns in another skillet to make it go faster! Follow instructions on the hash browns bag.
- Once the sausage, egg and hash browns are done start assembling! Lay the bottom half of the English muffin on the cutting board. Then layer 1/8 of the hash brown mixture, then place the cheese on top (this will ensure that the hash browns stay put.) Next will come the sausage on top of that, egg patty and then the top half of the English muffin. Repeat for all 8.
- Then you will wrap each individual McDonald's Copycat Sausage Egg McMuffin in aluminum foil. Enjoy for breakfast this week!