Meatloaf Muffins with Bacon
Looking for some new recipes to try out while stuck at home? How about these Meatloaf Muffins with Bacon! This recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, so keep using the ones you have already at home! It’s also a creative way for your family to eat traditional meatloaf – turn them into muffins! Don’t forget the mashed potato frosting or the bacon sprinkles. It’s a delicious way to keep dinner fun!
Meatloaf Muffins with Bacon Sprinkles
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- any other spices you like in your meatloaf
- your favorite recipe for mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes
- 3 strips Wellshire Paleo Bacon diced
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put ground beef into a bowl, set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium on the stove.
- Add onion and cook until it caramelizes.
- Add caramelized onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and any other ingredients you'd like to add (spices/sauces/breadcrumbs) to the bowl with the ground beef. With your hands, mix all ingredients together until combined. Form balls with the beef mixture.
- Place each ball in the well of a muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until meatloaf muffins are cooked how you like them.
- While the muffins are cooking, dice 3 slices of bacon and fry until crispy. Remove from the pan and let drain on a paper towel.
- Make your favorite mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes according to your favorite recipe. Allow to cool slightly.
- After removing meatloaf muffins out of the muffin tin, top with mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes (pipe with a piping bag if you want it to be fancier). Then sprinkle the diced bacon on top. Drizzle with BBQ sauce as desired.