Peach, Tomato & Virginia Ham Salad
Summer salads are the perfect way to enjoy fresh produce, beat the heat with no cooking required, and spend less time preparing lunch and more time getting out and enjoying the sunshine with your family! Here at Wellshire we’re trying to soak up the sun as much as possible before the cool air sets in, so salads are an easy meal option. Which is why Peach, Tomato & Virginia Ham Salad is the way to go!
We’ve partnered with Kristen Link, a Food Educator and blogger whose website, Wellness by Kristen, is full of yummy recipes and tips on healthy living. Likewise, she recently created a recipe with our Wellshire Virginia Brand Uncured Honey Ham Nugget; we’re excited to be working with her and share her colorfully delicious summer recipe with you! Especially because she made this delicious Peach, Tomato & Virginia Ham Salad!
Check Us Out!
Wellshire has a great variety of ham options for you to try! Wellshire products are all natural, humanely raised, and antibiotic free! Also, check out all of the ham options here!
Looking for more lunch options? Check out the Eat Wellshire Blog here!
Summer Peach, Tomato & Virginia Ham Salad
For the Salad
- 1 large head butter or Bibb lettuce core removed and leaves lightly torn
- 14oz Wellshire Virginia Brand Uncured Honey Ham Nugget cubed
- 2 peaches pit removed and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 8-10 mint leaves
For the Dressing
- 1 small jalapeño seeds removed and minced (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Arrange the lettuce in a large bowl and top with the cubed ham, sliced peaches, tomatoes and mint leaves.
- To prepare the dressing, add the jalapeño (if using), honey, apple cider vinegar and sea salt in a small jar or bowl. Lightly whisk together. Add in the olive oil and shake or whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe at home? Be sure to share a picture and tag us on Instagram @wellshire! We’d love to hear from you!